Mold Cleanup & Mold Inspection Contractor
of Nassau County & Suffolk County, Long Island
Water can also rise directly through the porous concrete of a slab floor.
Carpet or wood installed on the concrete will trap this moisture underneath, resulting in mold and rot. Be sure to seal your floor before installing carpet or organic materials.
We serve greater Huntington Station, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Valley Stream, LI & nearby
Our mold technicians are highly specialized in the process of detecting and treating surfaces of the home that have been contaminated by mold, rot, dust mites and mildew. Our comprehensive solutions for mold clean-up will ensure your home the necessary protection from mold and dust mite problems.
Our Mold Removal Packages Include:
We offer free moisture control quotes to homeowners in our Long Island service area including Huntington Station, Bay Shore, Hempstead, Valley Stream, Brentwood, Lindenhurst, Freeport, Levittown, Massapequa. Each quote includes an on-site inspection, written quote, and a copy of our 88-page color basement waterproofing & crawl space book. We also offer mold testing. Contact us today to get started!
Prevent and Control Mold in Your Home
Option 1 - Mold and Dust Cleaning
This mold removal option is designed for basement or crawl space areas with light dust or no visible mold. Learn more »
Schedule A Free Estimate
Are you ready to rid your home of moisture and mold? Contact Healthy Basement Systems today for your free quote!
Mold & Dust Mite Health Facts
- Dust Mites & Mold Eat Organic Materials: That means any organic material at all. Dust, fabric, fiberglass resins and dyes, drywall, wallpaper, glue, paint, wood, or anything else is enough to keep it growing. As for dust mites, 1,000 of these critters can live in a single gram of dust, each one creating 20 waste pellets per day.
- Mold Can Live In The Cold: Ever see mold in a refrigerator? Research shows that as long as the temperature is above 40 °F (4 °C), mold can grow and spread.
- Mold & Dust Mites Grow Fast: Mold can begin to grow in a home in as little as 24-48 hours, with a billion mold spores growing on a single foot of drywall. A single female dust mite can lay upwards of 250 eggs in its three-month life span.
- Mold Leads To Insurance Woes: Due to tens of thousands of mold-related lawsuits being filed, most general liability and property insurance companies now exclude mold insurance from their policies.
- Mold Destroys Your Home: Professional Builder Magazine warns that mold will dramatically lower the value of your home. A home worth $250,000 can easily have $100,000 in mold problems. Mold can even lead to structural damage to your home!
- Mold Spores Can Damage Your Health: Mold spore exposure can occur through inhalation, ingestion, and skin contact. Mold and dust mite waste is connected to allergies, asthma, and other breathing issues. Even dead mold spores can be damaging to your health.
- Dust Mite Waste Is Highly Allergenic: 90% of patients show dermal reactivity to dust mite waste and 10% of the general population is also sensitive. Dust mite waste makes up 80-90% of the allergic component of house dust, containing 15 potent allergens that sensitize and trigger allergic reactions. In fact, American Family Physician states that "controlling dust mites is the most important thing you can do in your house to make your asthma and allergies better."
- Mold & Dust Mites Are Sneaky: Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, behind drywall panels, and behind wallpaper. Dust mites can live in furniture, cloth, and pillows. Just because you don't see a problem does not mean that one does not exist.
To Sum It Up: As Glenn Fellman, executive director of the Indoor Air Quality Association states, "If you are reacting to a problem because somebody's been sick, you've waited way too long to address indoor air quality." The best way to protect yourself is to prevent the mold or dust mite problem before it begins!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.